Horizontal and vertical bone augmentation
Date: 18 октября 2019
Dr. Paulo Gambino graduated from the faculty of dentistry of the University of Turin in 2000. during his studies he was the President of the Italian Association of dental students (A. I. S. O.), engaged in research on the effects of titanium ions in patients with implants.
After graduation, he received a specialization in maxillofacial surgery and implantology, as well as periodontics.
He trained at the University of Buffalo, New York State, USA.
Is an Active Member of Italian Academy of Esthetic Dentistry (of laed), Active member and Member of the editorial Board of the Italian Association of Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology (SICOI) and Active Member of the Italian Academy of Osseointegration (IAO), an Affiliate member of the Academy of Esthetic Dentistry (EAED), a member of the Italian Society of Periodontists.
The course program
Guided Bone Regeneration (NCR) has been one of the most important surgical techniques in implant surgery for decades, and its outcome affects the long-term success of implant function, orthopedic designs and aesthetics.
Of course, NKR methods evolve over time, new modern solutions appear. In this course, we will discuss not only the biological principles of the NKR, protocols for the use of bone replacement materials, membranes, fixation systems, growth factors, but also new trends. For example, now we are increasingly using 3D planning for bone augmentation, which allows us to obtain a more predictable result of treatment.
It is also important for the Clinician to understand the features of the use of various materials that constantly appear on the world dental market. We will talk about the features of the use of nonresorbable membranes with titanium reinforcement, titanium grids, how to make the right choice of material. Learn more about the possibilities of resorbed membranes in different clinical situations in NKR.
< b>course Objectives
< li>Understand the biological principles, scientific rationale and clinical stages of the NKR.
< li>get Acquainted with new 3D bone augmentation planning techniques and their advantages.
< li>Choose a clinical decision based on proper treatment planning, and understand the outcome of treatment and its possible risks and complications.
< li>Learn to choose the right type of membrane, based on the clinical situation, to work with non-resorbed membranes with titanium reinforcement, as well as resorbed collagen membranes.
< b>Theoretical Part
- Directed bone regeneration (NCR) vertically and horizontally: indications, stages, choice between resorbed and non-resorbed membranes with titanium reinforcement, work with gingival transplants. Clinical example.
- Work in complex clinical situations: the use of resorbed membranes, elimination of complications, current prospects for the use of growth factors, conducting NKR on the basis of orthopedic treatment plan. Application of 3D planning of NKR as a way to minimize risks and avoid complications.
< b>Demo & nbsp;part
1. & nbsp; Dr. Gambino will demonstrate surgical manipulation of the pig's jaw from start to finish.
Demonstrate the phases of the operation:
- primary incision,
- flap formation,
- splitting of the flap,
- creation of bone defect by tooth extraction,
- bone sampling from a nearby donor site,
- mixing of autogenous bone with bone-replacement material,
- graft positioning,
- positioning non-resorbable membrane with titanium reinforcement,
- the positioning of resorbable collagen membranes,
- membrane fixation with pins/screws,
- sealing flap 2-layer seam PTFE material.
2.< / b> & nbsp; & nbsp; Discussion and answers
Date: 18 октября 2019